Viewing the streets of Shibuya from the sky
- Shibuya Scramble Crossing is full of different people day and night, including couples, office workers, and foreign tourists. It seems to symbolize the city of Shibuya where the latest trends and cultures meet. There is only one hotel facing the scramble intersection from directly above. It is Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu which is directly connected to Shibuya Station. The restaurant on the top floor is “Japanese Cuisine Shunsai”. The wooden lattice partitions, Japanese paper cloths, and ikebana (flower arrangement)... The Japanese essence sprinkled everywhere colors the space full of calm and dignity.
- Many dishes, mainly kaiseki, bring glamour to the table. At Shunsai, you can enjoy seasonal specialties that match the changing seasons. For example, the theme of this spring’s kaiseki is “Spring buds from the thawing snow”. The beautiful dishes that celebrate the coming of spring are enjoyable to the eyes, and the flavor of the ingredients is utilized to make it delicious. They also have kaiseki that features Japanese standard dishes like Japanese beef and sushi. They are elaborately made so that not only Japanese but also foreign tourists can enjoy it.
- There are dozens of types of alcohol that perfectly match the dishes, including Japanese sake, beer, whiskey, and cocktails. Among them are “Dassai 23% polished” and other excellent sake that will impress the connoisseurs. “Japanese wine” made in Japan from Japanese grapes is also popular. You will want to drink to your heart’s content with the recommendations of the sommelier.
- There is also another special “treat”: the superb view from 100 meters above ground. Guided by the staff in Japanese clothing, you will walk through the entrance of the restaurant, and the cityscape of Shibuya will jump into sight from a large window. It is worth noting that you can enjoy the view from every seat in the restaurant. There are 9 private and semi-private rooms, so you can use it for various occasions such as entertaining or meeting while looking at the superb view.
- The counter seats at the back of the restaurant are especially recommended for couples. Because it faces the window, you can immerse yourself in the moment together without worrying about other customers.
- If you look down, there is a scrambled intersection where people bustle along... When you look down from the calm interior, it will start to seem like another world.
- On the other hand, if you look toward Shinjuku, you can see the rich greenery of Meiji Shrine and Yoyogi Park that changes with the seasons. On a sunny day, the contrast with Mt. Tsukuba, which appears far beyond the buildings, is also a must-see.
- By the time the sun set, the atmosphere around the area will be completely different. You can see the night view that seems to stretch into the horizon.
- The city of Shibuya is undergoing development. Shunsai witnesses its evolution and continues to fascinate visitors with its delicious food and superb scenery.