- As I was drinking at popular drinking stand Hyogo, the barkeep leaned over the counter and called outside: “What, leaving already?” Glancing outside, I saw a red-faced man rising from his chair in front of the shop, waving as he walked off into the night.
- “Eighty years old and fit as a fiddle,” the barkeep said. “He’ll drink into double digits before he’s done.”One of the other patrons muttered, “I hope I age as well as he has,” prompting a round of laughter from those at the counter.
- The area from Sennichimae Avenue to Nansan Avenue is packed with restaurants and tachinomi bars. Popularly known as the “Urananba” district, it one of the most popular night spots in the Minami district. Turn a corner and the area shows you a new face, from the nightly haunts of middle-age men to one of the edgy new-wave restaurants that are popping up. Men and women, young and old are tuning in to the appeal of this fascinating district, and flitting from one drinking stand to another is common practice here. “This is where bars and drinkers come together to create the history of this town,” says Ushitora’s owner. Kanpai, to the generosity and humanity of Urananba.
- A “hole-in-the-wall” type stand hidden amongst mixed occupancy buildings. The daily menu combines Japanese and Italian food. A popular spot with celebrities.
Address：1F Nakajima-Buld.1-4-19, Sennichimae, Chuo-ku,Osaka-shi
- 100-yen beers and highballs until 5:00 pm, only 190 yen after that! A broad food menu provided by affiliate restaurants.
Address：2-7-10 Sennichimae, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
Hours：11:00-25:30 *Wed., Sun.-22:30
- Two saké labels available: “Kaze no Mori” from Nara and “Shiramayumi” from Hida. Be careful—delicious side dishes keep the drinks flowing!
Addresss：3-1 Nanbasennichimae, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
- A popular spot known for combining elements of drinking stands with a more traditional bar. Enjoy complex side dishes along with local saké labels from the Kinki region.
Address：15-19 Nanbasennichimae, Chuou-ku, Osaka-shi
Hours：17:00-23:00 (Mon.-Fri.) 16:00-23:00(Sat.)16:00-22:00(Sun.)
- An extensive selection of wines. The stylish atmosphere makes Stand Ajito popular with young diners and groups of women.
Address：15-4 Nanbasennichimae, Chuou-ku, Osaka-shi