French cuisine with a concentrated international flair
- Chef Nagamine Junzo opened this restaurant with his wife two years ago, after learning his trade at Tokyo’s Hotel de Mikuni and a tour of some of the most famous hotels in the world.
- The French cuisine by Chef Nagamine uses nearly no cream or butter, focusing instead on fond de veau (brown stock) to bring out the flavors in his ingredients. He learned this technique while working as head chef at “Tetsuya’s” in Sydney, Australia.
- “Australia is a nation of immigrants,” he says, “so you can find aspects of cooking from throughout the world in their food. They happily accommodate soy sauce from Japan, and the spices that are characteristic of Thailand and India. I just love creating French cuisine in this Australian style.”
- This sense of play is evident in a variety of techniques, from using Japanese pickled plums in his sauces to his use of red sweet potato powder as a decorative element.
- Equally enjoyable are the baked goods prepared by Junzo’s wife Yukie. Her cakes and tarts are decorated with fresh fruits that glisten like jewels.
Restaurant et Patisserie js
Address: 2-2-8 Fukushima, Fukushima-ku, Osaka-shi
Hours:12:00-L.O.13:15, 18:00-L. O.20:15
Access:Six-minutes walk from JR Shinfukushima Station