- In spite of its convenient location, a five-minute drive from Kyoto Station, the Kyoto Tokyu Hotel is a place where guests can enjoy their stay in peace and quiet. And with renowned destinations nearby perfect for sightseeing and walking, such as the Nishi Hongwanji temple and the Kyoto Railway Museum, the Kyoto Tokyu Hotel is the best place in the city to enjoy Kyoto’s refreshing early summer.
- Making its debut in March 2021 is the hotel’s new concept floor, the sixth floor guest rooms, whose design is inspired by the taste and elegance of Kyoto. The floor has been completely remodeled based on a concept the hotel calls “Kawaii” (cleverly written with characters meaning “fruit/sweets” and “peace/Japanese”) which offers guests accommodations through which they can experience the charms of Kyoto with all five senses.
- The softly lit floor is outfitted with carpet inspired by Kyoto’s ancient stone-paved streets. Proceeding down the hall and entering one of the rooms, guests are welcomed by soothing traditional Japanese patterns in subdued colors. Enhancing guests’ Kyoto experience, rooms are studded with just the right amount of interior design touches blending Japanese tradition and modernity, such as wall hangings bearing Japanese flower motifs, wall art exclusive to the hotel, and pillows accented with Kyo-kumihimo braided cords.
- One element of Kyoto-style hospitality that will particularly make an impression on guests is the welcome sweets placed in every room. On small glass plates decorated with the same gold leaf used in kimonos and obi sashes, guests will find a variety of confections such as financiers and macarons. For spring 2021, the hotel’s pâtissier has created cherry blossom-inspired sweets, and new desserts will be appearing each season.
- Conversely, guests are also provided with cutting edge service, such as the elimination of pamphlets and other disposable paper-based informational materials in rooms. Instead, all hotel information is provided via 4K television. In addition, room televisions can also be used to view video streaming services and even smartphone photos, providing guests with a comfortable and convenient environment.
- Six types of rooms are available, from single to triple, so guests can choose the type of room which best suits their needs, whether that be business, solo travel, or a family trip. Full consideration has also been given to Covid-19, with open closets to increase living space, carpets which incorporate an antiviral treatment, and provided disinfectant spray and air purifiers.
- The Kyoto Tokyu Hotel is offering a variety of lodging plans to commemorate the remodeling. Take some time just for yourself and have a bento box lunch or takeout on the hotel roof, or enjoy sightseeing and experience the wonders of Kyoto. You are encouraged to create your own, one-of-a-kind Kyoto trip and enjoy a period of rest and relaxation.
Kyoto Tokyu Hotel
Address: Gojo-sagaru, Horikawa-dori, Shimogyo-ku,Kyoto-shi
Access: 5-minute drive from JR Kyoto Station, 8-minute walk from Subway Gojo Station