- Higashiyama. Located near Yasaka Pagoda, a symbol of Kyoto, it is a place where visitors can experience Kyoto ambience and history. A renowned venue nestled among the autumn leaves, The Sodoh Higashiyama Kyoto is located in one of Kyoto’s most popular areas, and it is a less-known scenic spot for autumn leaves.
- In late fall, the garden greets visitors with the vibrant colors of autumn. Passing beyond the cobbled entryway, gazing at the enchanting garden along the way, brings into view a Japanese-style home with a refined atmosphere.
- This building is a renovation of the residence and studio, called Higashiyama Sodoh, used by Takeuchi Seiho, a master of nihonga, or Japanese style painting, at the beginning of the Showa period (early 20th century). It served as a salon where prominent figures gathered, and played an important role in Kyoto culture.
- While gazing upon autumn colors in the expansive garden outside the windows, guests will be treated to traditional Italian food that brings a taste of the seasons courtesy of Kyoto-sourced ingredients. Through classic dishes that shine with modern flare, they say it aims to achieve "flavors that will be treasured in any age."
- Trees in the garden, bathed in sunlight, will enrich the dining experience at lunch, while illumination creates wondrous scenery at night.
The table with a Nice view in Kyoto
③ The Sodoh Higashiyama Kyoto
- Memi Matsubara
- KYOTO TOKYU HOTEL
〒600-8519Gojo-sagaru, Horikawa-dori, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 600-8519TEL.+81-75-341-2411FAX.+81-75-341-2488