- The town of Yoshidamachi, connected by a bridge with Noge, which retains the image of old Yokohama, has a connection to art and music. Centered around a street of only 200 meters, “Arts & JAZZ Festival”, beer gardens in the city, and antique markets are held throughout the year. And there are many bars where you can talk until late at night.
- For a meal in Yoshidamachi, “L’ATELIER 1959” is recommended. It has a retro and chic interior including moody wallpapers from Paris, and the bookshelves are lined with cookbooks and folklore books from around the world, making it like a gourmet intellectual house.
- According to the owner chef Nobuya Kawachi, who advocates the “bistronomy” combining bistro and gastronomy, this is an impressive “comprehensive art space”.
- The French cuisine is an “art” made with superb cooking techniques using the best ingredients such as lobster that is airlifted alive, US top grade prime rated Angus beef, freshly picked vegetables from Miura, and carefully selected spices and seasonings.
- The cellar features wines mainly from France and Italy, some of which are treasured. Please consult with Mr. Kawachi, who is also a sommelier, and enjoy the best combination with the food.
Bistronomie “L’ATELIER 1959” Yokohama
- Address：2F 2-15 Higashidori, Fukutomicho, Naka-ku, Yokohama
Closed：Irregular Reservation required