The second-generation sisters strive as morning bath gains popularity
- The hot water with Noto deep-ocean water warms you from the core of your body. There is a medicinal bath that changes daily and also a coffee bath on Saturdays.
- After taking a bath, you can enjoy the special ice cream made with Ishikawa’s local specialties by the sisters in the cafe space.
Moroe no Yu
Address：180-3, Moroemachinakacho, Kanazawa-shi
Closed：12:00-15:00 of first Mon. of every month
Experience the historic public bath rooted in the teahouse district
- Asako, who has been working as an attendant for 80 years, greets us with a smile.
- The reason why the water is rather hot is because there are many regular customers that are chefs and craftsmen who like short baths. After taking a bath, it is also good to take a walk along the Asano River where many town houses are located.
Address：3-1-5, Higashiyama, Kanazawa-shi
Enjoy the snow-viewing open-air bath in the middle of Kanazawa city
- If you think it’s an ordinary public bath, you will be surprised. There is an open-air bath made of stone in the courtyard, and the soft brown hot spring flows down from the bamboo cylinder. If you are lucky, you can enjoy the beautiful sight of courtyard trees covered in snow.
Address：18-36, Akatsukimachi, Kanazawa-shi
Enjoy overlooking the Hakusan mountain range
- This place boasts the brown hot spring that wells from 600 meters below ground. The open-air hot spring that continually flows from the source is lukewarm at 37.5°C so you can slowly recover from fatigue. There are also long-established sake breweries and oden restaurants nearby, which appeared in an essay by Hiroyuki Itsuki.
Ishibiki Onsen Game no Yu
Address：2-15-31, Ishibiki, Kanazawa-shi
Closed：one Fri. of every month(not fixed)
Experience Kanazawa’s “family bath” culture
- In Kanazawa, private baths are called “family baths” and are popular as baths where you can relax. Lemon Yu is the only public bath in the city with 9 family baths in addition to the large public bath. Natural hot spring warms up your body from the core.
Address：3-11-6, Arimatsu, Kanazawa-shi
Hours：10:00-24:00(check in time of family baths:17:00-22:40/15:00-for Sat.Sun.public holiday)