Sushi restaurant’s playfulness and sophisticated warmth
- Sushi Dokoro Aiji is one of the best sushi restaurants in Kanazawa, but they are warm enough not to make customers feel self-conscious, and they are trusted by local regular customers as well, because the owner Mr. Shimotani has such a cheerful personality, and he offers a way of enjoying sushi that is not bound by the style.
- For example, a pot is served during winter and you can enjoy sashimi in shabu-shabu (Reservations required). “If you only see this scene, you wouldn’t think this is a Sushi restaurant.” Shimotani says with a smile, which conveys his hospitality to have people enjoy winter delicacies in various ways.
- There are two types of courses, and even if you are a first-time customer, they will be flexible if you make requests at the time of reservation, such as “I want the course to be full of crabs”.
- In winter, they serve the star ingredients from the Sea of Japan such as yellowtail, crab, and milt. Shimotani says, “The way the sushi chef ‘plays’ with the ingredients is where he can showcase his skills”.
- The must-try at this time is “Steamed Nodoguro Sushi”. The plump Nodoguro is covered with warm starchy clear soup. As soon as you put it in your mouth, it melts in your mouth like snow. It’s one of Aiji’s specialties that is sophisticated yet somewhat homey.
- At the end of November, a sister store “Sushi Kishin” opens only for lunch in “Nishi Chaya District” across the Saigawa River. It’s exciting to see how they will ‘play’ with sushi.
Sushi Dokoro Aiji
Address：1F Katamachi Penthouse, 2-30-2, Katamachi,Kanazawa-shi
Tel：076-234-3733 *Reservations required