Hospitality of a long-established restaurant where you can experience the essence of Kaga culture
- Established 270 years ago, this is Kanazawa’s oldest restaurant“Tsubajin”. A small restaurant started by the (third-generation) sword guard craftsman who served the lord Maeda family. The restaurant was loved by many writers and artists, and the first Japanese prime minister Hirobumi Ito wrote, “Everything you see from here, wind and light, is first-class”.
- “I would like you to enjoy the four seasons not only with the food, but also with the entire space with dishes and furnishings.” says chef Koji Kawamura.
- Kaga cuisine has a glamorous image, but it is also characterized by “not gilding the lily” and bringing out the power of the ingredients.
- If you want seasonal winter yellowtail, try it in sashimi or grilled dishes. “In Kanazawa, the thunder in early winter is called ‘yellowtail waker’ and it became a season word used in Japanese poetry. It is superb when eaten with grated white radish in winter.” says young proprietress Yukari Tsuba.
- You can feel winter the best season of Kanazawa through not only its food but also all of their hospitality.
Address：5-1-8, Tera-machi, Kanazawa-shi
Hours：11:00-15:00 (Enter until 13:00)/17:00-21:00 (Enter until 19:00)*Reservations required
Closed：New Year’s holiday