- Officially known as the Shinshu Otani Nanba Betsuin Temple, commonly called “Minami-mido,” its Mido Hall is being rebuilt as a mixed-use facility, with the fifth through seventeenth floors becoming the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu. This will be the first time a temple gate has been incorporated with a hotel in Japan.
- Facing the Midosuji Boulevard, one of the main streets in Osaka, it will be just a one-minute walk from Hon-machi Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji Line and six minutes from Shinsaibashi Station, making it convenient for both business and tourism. The hotel was built under the concept of “Osaka Kaleidoscope,” and will feature many locations where visitors can experience kaleidoscopes such as geometric carpets and “kaleidoscopic lighting.”
- Of particular interest is the sixteenth-floor “Mido Floor,” which has six rooms allowing visitors to experience the feel of Osaka.
- The Minami Room, for example, displays the glamor and excitement of Osaka’s Minami district, with full-wall windows providing views of the changing landscape below. Spacious loft-type, Japanese-style, and other rooms provide a sense of play, making any trip more enjoyable.
- Rooms on the Mido Floor can be used not only for lodging, but also for meetings, dinners, and small parties.
- The seasonally changing views of Midosuji Boulevard— the greens of early summer, autumn yellows of the gingko trees lining the street, and wintertime illuminations—will make your nights in Osaka an unforgettable experience.
Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu
- Address: 4-1-15 Kyutaromachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
Access:One-minute walk from Hon-machi Station on the Midosuji Subway Line, Chuo Line, or Yotsubashi Line.