- As you know, Shibuya is in the midst of major redevelopment, on a scale only seen once every century. Shibuya Scramble Square, consisting of three buildings, is one centerpiece of this redevelopment. The East Building on the Meiji Street side by Shibuya Station has 47 aboveground and seven underground floors and will open this autumn. The uppermost part is roughly 230 meters high (the tallest height in Shibuya) and will have one of Japan’s largest outdoor viewing spaces. Overlooking the Shibuya pedestrian scramble, it will draw global attention as a new scenic location with dynamic views of Shinjuku’s skyscraper district, Roppongi, central Tokyo, and even distant Mount Fuji.
- The Central Building directly atop the station and West Building towards Dogenzaka will be finished in FY2027. This will create a pedestrian deck centered on Shibuya Station that crosses National Route 246, from the Cerulean Tower to Shibuya Mark City, the three Scramble Square buildings, Shibuya Stream opened last year, Shibuya Hikarie, and past Miyamasu Hill. A vertical space will be created at a facility near the station, referred to as the “Urban Core,” enabling smooth movement up and down via elevator and escalator.
- Shibuya used to be divided in four directions because of its complex transportation network including the JR lines, Tokyu lines, Tokyo Metro, National Route 246, and Meiji Street. This redevelopment will make it easier to get around and bring new liveliness to the city.
Future Image of SHIBUYA
- Kazuma Takigawa
- CERULEAN TOWER TOKYU HOTEL
〒150-851226-1 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, TokyoTEL.+81-3-3476-3000FAX.+81-3-3476-3001
- SHIBUYA TOKYU REI HOTEL
〒150-00021-24-10, Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, TokyoTEL.+81-3-3498-0109FAX.+81-3-3498-0189
- SHIBUYA STREAM EXCEL HOTEL TOKYU
〒150-00023-21-3, Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, TokyoTEL.+81-3-3406-1090FAX.+81-3-3407-1711
- SHIBUYA EXCEL HOTEL TOKYU
〒150-0043Shibuya Mark City Building, 1-12-2, Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, TokyoTEL.+81-3-5457-0109FAX.+81-3-5457-0309