Festivals for everyone to enjoy in three fall events
- This fall will feature a host of events enabling visitors to enjoy Shibuya from various angles including music, fashion, nightlife and clubbing.
- First up in October is Shibuya Music Scramble 2019. This music festival began life as a modest event started by local merchant association but has grown into a dynamic urban festival with stages set up on neighborhood streets. This year’s event is expected to draw a good crowd with the inclusion of street performances and dance events tailored to the music.
Shibuya Music Scramble 2018. A special stage set up in front of the Shibuya 109 building got the crowd going
- Also being held in October is Shibuya Fashion Week, the result of a collaboration between a large commercial complex in Shibuya and local merchant association. Traffic restrictions will be in place on Bunkamura-dori for the holding of a fashion show on the street, and more.
2018 Shibuya Fashion Show.Dream Ami acted as ambassador for the event and walked the runway on Bunkamura-dori.
- November will see the long-awaited launch of White Night Shibuya, designed to boost the district’s nighttime cultural scene. During the event, information spots will provide visitors with details of bars, clubs and other nightlife destinations, and guided tours to nightspots are in the pipeline.
- All these events are unique to Shibuya, where culture comes from the streets, and result from the collaboration between community, government and commercial concerns. These events will provide not only Japanese but overseas visitors with a taste of the real Tokyo.
- Based on experience and learnings from this year’s events, officials will implement mechanisms allowing visitors to enjoy themselves with a sense of safety and security during the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and Paralympics, in the hope that Shibuya will act as a base during the games.
Shibuya night view.Please look forward to how the night in Shibuya changes during the White Night Shibuya.