- A mirror-like lake reflecting the blue sky and green mountains. Lake Shikotsu, which is said to be the northernmost ice-free lake in Japan, is one of the most famous lakes in Hokkaido, projecting the changes of the four seasons, such as cherry blossoms and fresh greenery, on its crystal clear surface throughout the year.
- Located on its shore, Lake Shikotsu Tsuruga Resort Spa MIZU NO UTA is a healing lake resort overlooking Lake Shikotsu. It was opened in 2009 to provide a place to relax and get away from everyday life. On the other side of the lake, unspoiled forests such as Mt. Eniwa and Shikotsu-Toya National Park spread out, and you can spend your time resting and enjoying the great outdoors.
- The theme of the hotel is “water healing power”. Focusing on water as source of life and its healing power, the hotel totally promotes health and beauty from various perspectives. Relax in a guest room with an openair bath with a green view in Lake Shikotsu, and immerse yourself in the lotion-like hot spring water, known as Bijin no Yu (hot spring of beauty). As you experience the mist sauna and aroma treatment, you will feel your mind and body being purified.
- The healthy buffet Amam is also a great place to enjoy a meal. For dinner, seafood from the seas around Hokkaido and locally grown vegetables are simply cooked and served. In the morning, you can enjoy colorful and healthyfood with local vegetables and fruits. The nutritious and well-balanced dishes are sure to improve your body from the inside out.
- The resort is conveniently located just a 40-minute drive from New Chitose Airport. Using this resort as a base, you can extend your trip to Sapporo and Niseko, or enjoy different styles of accommodation in Sapporo and Lake Shikotsu. We recommend experiencing activities such as camping and diving to fully enjoy the blessings of nature.
Precious Water Resort in Lake Shikotsu
Lake Shikotsu Tsuruga Resort Spa Mizu no Uta
- Naohito Shida